Posted In : Uncategorized
0 : comment
This award-winning Digital IT Art experience can be enjoyed by pupils in Key Stage 2 by exploring Hull’s intriguing past in a completely unique way. Using the latest mobile technology the pupils will be unleashing their creativity to produce stunning visual effects and videos they can be proud of.
Following an exploration of one of the city centre museums, capturing interesting photographs, the children return to the Learning Zone to express their artistic talents using and combining a number of creative apps to add dramatic effects. The final project includes:
- Transforming their photos by adding amazing effects and interactive adjustable filters, such as mosaics, puzzles, motion blur, tile, x- ray, collage, light tunnels
- Adding effects to give their photos a vintage or retro feel
- Creating 3-D video effects, such as wormhole tunnels or spinning globes
- Turning words and photos in amazing typographic works of art
- Combining their digital photos and video/ picture to create collages.
- Graphic designing to create a persuasive advert to encourage visitors to visit the museum.
- Creating ‘a professional looking Hollywood style ‘Horror’ movie to celebrate Hull’s heritage.
The day concludes with an exciting showcase of the children’s finished movies and digital artwork on the big screen. All digital content is saved in a digital book and sent to the school so that the children can enjoy and celebrate their work back at school and home.
The session is underpinned by 21st Century Skills (Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking) and the pupils will also cover the following skills:
- Digital Literacy
- Spoken Language
- History (Hull’s Past)
- Digital Art
*Each complete project will be shared with the school
iPads and apps will be provided for the pupils to use throughout the day