- To become familiar with Hornsea and its many historical locations.
- To learn about the role of an ambassador and what the term means.
- To be able to name historic and current ambassadors of Hornsea and explain why they are important to its history.
- To build children’s enthusiasm in the town of Hornsea so they feel ownership for their town.
- To encourage children to continue to research the history of their town and have a desire to contribute to its future.
- Children to feel a sense of pride about the town that they live in.
- Morning workshop at Hornsea Library with group discussions about Hornsea’s history,future plans and developments, famous landmarks and people who have influenced the town’s development over the centuries.
- Field research (supervised and supported), going out into the town centre with questionnaires, asking people’s views of the town and why Hornsea is important .
- Further workshops compiling the information from the surveys and feeding back to the whole group.
- Treasure hunt—further fieldwork following the ‘Ambassador Trail’.
- Final group discussions about Hornsea’s heritage and history