- To help children understand the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle
- To understand the relationship between exercise and a healthy mind and body
- To help children recognise the importance of a healthy diet and how to make the right food choices
- To show children how they can integrate physical activity into their daily lifestyle
- To be aware of the benefits of a healthy body and mind
- To appreciate how physical activities and exercise can raise mood, performance and achievement
- To encourage children to want to exercise because it’s fun and makes them feel better
- To establish habits of exercise in childhood that can last a lifetime
- To learn about jobs in the fitness industry
A one hour a week programme over four consecutive weeks. Details are as follows:
Gives children an introduction and overview of health, fitness, exercise and diet including question and answer sessions to measure their current levels of knowledge.
Children learn about the body and how it works. How the body needs to be looked after to keep it fit and strong and what difference this will make as they grow into adults.
Children learn about nutrition and diet and discover how the food they eat effects their energy levels now and long term health.