- To teach children empathy, compassion and trust
- To relate caring for an animal to caring for each other
- To explore what caring looks like
- To help children understand that pets are a big and long term commitment
- To understand what being a responsible pet owner involves along with basic knowledge of animal welfare for a range of different animals
- To enable children to pass on their knowledge and understanding to friends and family in order to improve animal welfare across the city
- To build emotional intelligence
- A presentation and discussion about animal welfare given by an RSPCA Education Officer.
- A workshop with group exercises exploring and comparing different animal species and the types of care and consideration they need.
- A tour of the RSPCA centre, learning about all the different animals resident in the centre, their backgrounds and reasons for being in the centre.
- A talk about the different jobs in the RSPCA and the skills and qualifications needed