Creative Storytelling with Animations
This fun packed creative storytelling day for Key Stage 2 introduces pupils to the creative world of animations. During the day the pupils will be planning an animation with digital storyboards, capturing scenes by creating short videos and editing their final movie, adding graphics, sound effects and music to produce something they will be proud of.
Key elements of the day:
- Plan a creative story by capturing images. The story will include an introduction, problem, dilemma, resolution and ending.
- Animate characters and props scene by scene using stop motion technology.
- Edit a final movie with sound effects, backing track and graphics to bring their animation to life.
- The finished animations could be a great stimulus for creative writing projects.
- Create professional looking posters to promote the animation.
All the completed animations and posters will be hosted in an app which can be shared with parents and the world!
The session is underpinned by 21st Century Skills (Communication, Collaboration,
Creativity, Critical Thinking) and the pupils will also cover the following skills:
- Digital Literacy
- Spoken Language
iPads and apps will be provided for the pupils to use throughout the day